The role of a Warehouse Operative is to work efficiently and effectively, as part of a team to achieve targets set by the Company.
You will need to be flexible and adaptable as you may be responsible for stock processing, including sorting, grading, scanning, picking and packing customer orders, working to weekly targets whilst maintaining a high standard of work.
• Sorting – responsible for the efficient and accurate processing of incoming stock.
• Scanning – using scanners and desktop PC’s to add processed stock to our inventory.
• Picking – accurately picking customer orders.
• Packing – ensure orders are correctly packaged and dispatched on time.
• Stock rotation – use picklists to remove old/unwanted stock from the shelves.
• Distribute freshly processed stock to the correct locations thoughout the warehouse.
• Health & Safety – maintain a high standard of housekeeping in each area of work.
• Make positive contributions to all company policies, rules and procedures including H&S. Ensure you have and wear correct PPE issued.
• Good level of written and spoken English.
• Able to work alone and unsupervised.
• Comfortable to work at heights.
• Able to lift 25kg.
If you feel you have the skills and are interested in joining our friendly team at Goldstone Books then please send an up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for a position to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
In early 2019 we are opening our first high street bookshop in Carmarthen. The successful applicant will work at least a five day week including Saturdays.
As the Bookshop Manager you will have a natural passion and enjoyment for reading with an excellent knowledge of literature and authors both past and present and of the wider book market in general. Previous bookselling experience is essential.
- Dealing with enquiries and identifying customer needs
- Offering advice and recommending books where appropriate
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of titles and changes in the market
- Undertaking bibliographic work using computer to identify and locate titles
- Processing customer orders and book reservations
- Handling payments by cash, card and book tokens
- Buying from catalogues and publishers
- Processing book deliveries and returns
- Stock-checking books
- Creating in-store and window displays
- Maintaining commercial awareness including identifying business and promotional opportunities
- Co-ordinating book events, including organising talks, signing sessions and reading groups
- Reviewing sales performance and meeting sales targets
- Manage staff rotas to ensure correct cover, managing leave and absence. Assist the Directors with recruitment as required.
- Undertaking general housekeeping duties, such as unpacking, stock replenishment and tidying.
- Self-motivated with a passion for books
- Ability to organise and plan effectively
- An innovator who thinks creatively
- Excellent customer focus
- Excellent all round communication skills
- Experience of managing people
- Excellent PC skills
- Excellent numerical skills
If you feel you have the skills and are interested in joining our friendly team at Goldstone Books then please send an up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position to email@example.com and we will be in touch.